Chinese General Hospital and Medical Center (CGHMC) is one of the oldest and most trusted hospitals in the Philippines. It was founded in 1891 during the Spanish occupation in the country from charitable donations of Chinese immigrants. Backed by the Philippine Chinese Charitable Association Inc. (PCCAI), the hospital continues to grow and improve its services and commitment to the welfare of its patients.
CGHMC is a non-stock, non-profit tertiary healthcare Institution owned and operated by the PCCAI and authorized to operate as a Level IV Tertiary Hospital by the Department of Health. Sprawled on a large property along Blumentritt Street in Sta. Cruz, Manila, the hospital is a vast property consists of seven structures: the Main Building, Annex Building, Cancer Institute, Emergency Building, Medical Arts Building, Charity Pavilion, and the Chinese General Hospital Colleges.
CGHMC houses over 600 medical practitioners and 1600 paramedic, 700 hospital beds, and 100 charity beds catering to Filipinos from all walks of life. To date, the hospital is continuously upgrading its facilities with technologically advanced diagnostic medical equipment and new services to cater not only patients, but medical training and teaching as well.